A brief introduction … I am David, a servant and follower of Jesus Christ.
Who is Dave Scott?
- I am a servant and follower of Jesus Christ
- I am the pastor of Faith Fellowship Church in Tennessee, IL
- USA, Indiana, sixty years old, have some miles on me; married 41 years; love God, love people, love animals, especially dogs; music and writing are my soul medicine.
- I have received the bulk of my true education about God and life as I have followed God in life per his written word.
- My main textbook has been the Bible. I love the Holy Book of God.
- My formal education has come primarily from Moody Bible Institute/Moody Graduate School (now Moody Theological Seminary and Graduate School): B.A. Bible & Theology, M.A. Min.
- Liberal arts training at Morton College: A.A., A.L.S.
- I have trained in Bible, theology, liberal arts, music (piano, guitar, voice).
- I continue to learn each and every day and plan to do so until I meet Christ.
- I write (Living by the Words of God, Beyond Pretend), publish to the web, record and produce music in my home.
- I obey Christ the best I can as I try to love my neighbors wherever and whoever they are, those with whom I rub shoulders in my daily journey.
- I would love to establish multiple international friendships.
My story of coming to salvation in Jesus Christ
I was a wild but sincere young man who finally found the path of Jesus Christ in my early twenties. I couldn’t escape the message of the stars — “there had to be more.”
- For the choir director; a psalm by David.
The heavens declare the glory of God,
and the sky displays what his hands have made.
One day tells a story to the next.
One night shares knowledge with the next without talking,
without words, without their voices being heard.
Yet, their sound has gone out into the entire world,
their message to the ends of the earth.
(Psalms 19:1-4 GW)
And there was “more” to be found in a God I thought I had rejected but came to realize I just needed to see him and trust him for who he actually is. No more hearsay, I had to see for myself. So I have lived thirty plus years since first stepping onto that path and would love to help people see a God they have never actually seen before, maybe for some all over again for the first time.